Dear pilots of New Eden,
EVE Echoes will undergo maintenance on 6/4 at 08:00 (UTC+0) and will take approximately 240 minutes to complete. During this time, players will be unable to log in to the game. We kindly ask for your understanding and patience during the maintenance.
In YC116, a parallel New Eden emerged—EVE Echoes. The universe that split off gradually became vastly different from the original. The major empires and other forces gradually developed technologies that are also different from the original universe. As time passed, these technologies were gradually improved to better suit Capsuleers and their requirements, becoming widely available.
Now, an introduction to a series of upcoming technologies. In the world of New Eden, there is a group of avid Capsuleer explorers who love diving into every nook and cranny of the universe in search of unknown signals. Some sell the coordinates of their discoveries to suitable buyers, while others venture into the unknown themselves for the thrill of another great adventure. These new space exploration technologies and previously undiscovered locations have slowly become public knowledge. And those avid explorers are also stirring up a storm with the new technologies, which will definitely shake up the status quo in New Eden.
New Space Exploration Technology: Neutrino Resonance Wave
This is a new technology is developed by the Sisters of EVE, which is more suitable for Capsuleers on mobile devices. Resonance waves are divided into two categories. Wide Resonance Scanners can be used to detect unknown space objects and signatures, while the Narrow Resonance Scanners are used to detect Capsuleer ships and structures.
1. Added Wide Resonance Scanners and Narrow Resonance Scanners. Pirates will drop MK series Resonance Scanners.
2. All factions' storyline supply chests will have a chance of dropping meta level 5 and meta level 8 Resonance Scanners.
3. In Scout Anomalies, there will be rigging capable of reducing the chance of being discovered by Narrow Resonance Scanners.
A New Mystery Appears: Nihilus Space
Thousands of light years away from New Eden, Nihilus Space is a region full of rich ores and special permanent magnetic materials. New technologies make it possible to mine its riches. Capsuleers can travel to Nihilus Space via special gravity wells and extract its resources.
1. Reduced the probability of discovering condensed belts. Gravity wells leading to condensed belts will be discovered by chance. This applies to all systems.
2. Slightly reduced the probability of discovering Deadspace anomalies. However, there's now a chance to discover gravity wells leading to Nihilus Deadspace in all systems.
3. Added two new modules to Capsuleer Outposts: Ore Gravity Well Trap Device and Deadspace Gravity Well Trap Device. These can only be used in sovereignty systems. After running for a week, the device will generate a gravity well.
4. Capsuleers can now discover Nihilus Deadspace of 5 different factions, each with their own complex structure. Capsuleers can obtain materials that can be reverse engineered into stronger Deadspace modules and Nanocores, a brand new addition to the game. However, you will face powerful pirates, even ones armed with Deadspace modules.
5. Added new Nihilus condensed belts. Belts of different levels vary in complexity, but all contain large amounts of rich ores waiting for Capsuleers to mine.
New Ship Module: Nanocore
Nanocore is a new nanobot technology secretly developed by CONCORD Aerospace and the Independent Gaming Commission. This technology will tweak some of the ship's abilities, and many factions have quietly got involved in this research. Some bored Serpentis researchers modified the ship's power core processing code so that the nanocore also modifies the ship's appearance, but at a steep price.
1. There are four levels of Nanocores in terms of strength: Type I, II, III, and IV. Due to the improper tampering of data, Type III and IV cores have caused irreversible damage to a few users. Because of this, CONCORD added them to the list of trade-restricted items, meaning they can be used but not sold on the market. According to sources, those who are found trading them in private may have their license confiscated.
2. Nanocores of different strengths will allow varying degrees of ship appearance customization.
3. High-level Nanocores are known to emit a special glow, which can also be customized thanks to Serpentis modifications. Due to this peculiar nature, they quickly became popular among some pilots and used as a tool for self-expression.
4. Nanocores of different strengths will also improve different ship modules, giving them different abilities and attributes.
5. Capsuleers can gain advantages in combat and flying when using these cores, provided that they learn from suitable data sources.
6. Once fitted to a ship, Nanocores cannot be easily unfitted. Unfitting requires the use of special materials. Only part of the materials will be refunded.
7. Nanocores can also be covered by insurance.
Added New Industry Job: Deadspace Module Reverse Engineering
Special permanent magnetic materials were discovered in Nihilus Space. Pirates have learned to use them to enhance Deadspace modules. But these enhancements come at the price of poor stability and great risk. After numerous experiments performed by Capsuleers, the reverse engineering of Deadspace modules has been added to the list of Industry jobs.
1. Added reverse engineering jobs for all existing Deadspace modules. Currently, type C Deadspace modules can be reverse engineered into type B; type B can be reversed engineered into type A; type A can be reverse engineered into type X (the failure of which leads to great losses).
2. Giants in the field of research mapped out the inner workings of Deadspace modules through experiments and summarized them, which is sure to greatly improve the success rate of Deadspace module reverse engineering (but losses from failure are still great).
New Industry Job: Nanocore Reverse Engineering
In Nihilus Space, a new kind of special magnetic material was discovered. With it, major pirate forces have successfully developed Nanocores capable of enhancing ships of the empires. After numerous experiments performed by Capsuleers, this technology has also been added to the list of Industry jobs.
1. Added reverse engineering jobs of Nanocores for major factions. Products of such jobs can be fitted to matching ships.
2. Reverse engineering can produce type II and III Nanocores. Due to a ban by CONCORD, Capsuleers can only trade type II faction Nanocores on the market and not type III.
3. In New Eden, there aren't yet the technologies that enable the use of magnetic materials in the Nanocore reverse engineering process. It's still unclear whether such technologies can be developed in the future, but the potential enhancements they can provide have certainly driven relevant parties to attempt to bring them to reality (which may or may not happen).
The First Official CONCORD-Capsuleer Cooperative Training Pass
CONCORD has made the CONCORD Pass available to Capsuleers which will enable research and testing data sharing between the two parties. CONCORD will offer corresponding rewards and entitlements. This Pass is still on a trial basis and may be terminated by CONCORD at any time. Should premature termination of the Pass occur, Capsuleers who have been assigned with it will be compensated accordingly. The Pass has a validity period, after which no compensation will be provided by CONCORD.
1. As laid out in the Pass, CONCORD will offer Capsuleers rare Thermomagnetic Storm Nanocores, Nanocore learning materials, and an amount of SP as a reward for participating.
2. Due to the increased scale of data sharing, CONCORD will offer more mission options for Capsuleers. This Pass will only be available for a limited time. Opportunities like this are rare. CONCORD appreciates Capsuleers' active participation and the data provided in the feedback.
1. Improved the detail page of supply boxes.
2. Added Space Exploration Technology/Advanced Space Exploration Technology/Expert Space Exploration Technology skills to Natural Science – Exploration.
3. Changed the Covert Ops hull bonus of each level from Scan Strength +1 to 5% reduction of Resonance Scanner Minimum Scan Radius and 5% reduction of Narrow Resonance Scanner Scan Radius.
4. Now InterBus and ORE ships in cosmic anomalies drop MK7/MK9 Resonance Scanners.
5. Now 'Devout' Supply Chest, 'Soldier' Supply Chest, 'Investor' Supply Chest, and 'Survivor' Supply Chest drop 'Scholar' Narrow Resonance Scanner, 'Scholar' Wide Resonance Scanner, 'Explorer' Narrow Resonance Scanner, and 'Explorer' Wide Resonance Scanner.
6. On the Fitting screen, the original Targeting Range display has been changed to Signature Radius, and the original Signature Radius display has been changed to Source Radius.
7. Nihilus Deadspace drops more Experiment Data, which is used to reverse engineer pirate faction Nanocores.
8. Reverse engineering jobs for pirate faction Nanocores have now been added.
9. Adjusted the ship categories in the market and fixed the issue which caused some ships to appear in the wrong category.
10. Now Deadspace modules of meta levels 6, 7, and 11-14 can be reprocessed. The reprocessed materials can be used to reverse engineer Deadspace modules.
11. Probability of Deadspace anomalies spawned from bases lowered from 1% to 0.4%.
12. Nihilus Deadspace gates are naturally spawned in nullsec systems about 1 every 28 days in a system. Since each instance of Nihilus Space has multiple exits, the actual frequency will be higher.
13. Intumescent Condensed Asteroid Belts are no longer naturally spawned.
14. Condensed belts now naturally refresh every 25 days instead of 40.
15. When refreshing condensed belts, there's a 50% probability of spawning a Nihilus Space condensed belt.
16. Now Deadspace can only be discovered by using a Resonance Scanner.
17. Fleet Commanders are able to receive bonuses from fleet group modules (group recover modules/Armor Defense Link Modules).
18. Added a new attribute to ships called Source Radius, which can be viewed on the Fitting screen.
19. All sentry guns are fitted with warp disruptors, which can disrupt the warp drive of ships within 1,000km from the sentry gun, causing them to reset warp and preventing the ships from warping away.
20. Added the CONCORD Pass. Complete missions to level up the Pass for great rewards.
21. Improved calculation methods for estimated market prices. Each system is now more likely to return a valid and stable estimated price.
22. Space Station docking distance increased to 5km to avoid the occasional 2km additional flight required to dock when using autopilot.
23. Compensations have been issued to players who owned T10 SKINs which have been removed from the game.
24. The estimated time for the Request Delivery interface has been changed to a dynamic time based on the distance traveled.
25. Drone control range renamed to Drone command range.
26. Added Corporation Hangar logs which players can view to check item deposit/withdrawal records of the hangar.
27. Added a permission for approving item moves in the Corporation Hangar. Now, when a player without permission takes out an item, a request will be sent to the admin. The item can only be taken out after the request is approved.
28. The Standup Warp Scrambler should now be displaying the correct name (previous name was incorrectly shown as Standup Warp Disruptor).
29. Updated estimated prices according to current market transaction records.